Wayne S. Vucinich Book Prize
Established in 1983, the Wayne S. Vucinich Book Prize, sponsored by the Association for Slavic Studies, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES) and the Stanford University Center for Russian and East European Studies, is awarded annually for the most important contribution to Russian, Eurasian, and East European studies in any discipline of the humanities or social sciences published in English in the United States in the previous calendar year. The Vucinich Book Prize carries a cash award and is presented at the Annual Convention.
Rules of eligibility
Rules of eligibility for the Vucinich book prize competition are as follows:
- The copyright date inside the book must list the previous calendar year as the date of publication (for example, the book must have been published in 2015 to be eligible for the 2016 competition).
- The book must be a monograph, preferably by a single author, or by no more than two authors.
- Works may deal with any area of Eastern Europe, Russia, or Eurasia.
- The competition is open to works of scholarship in any discipline of the social sciences or humanities (including literature, the arts, film, etc.). Policy analyses, however scholarly, cannot be considered.
- Authors may be of any nationality as long as the work is published in the United States and originally published in English.
- Textbooks, collections, translations, bibliographies, and reference works are ineligible.
Fill out and submit this form to notify the Association of your intent to nominate a publication for ASEEES prizes.
Send one copy of eligible monograph to each Committee member (see addresses below) AND to the ASEEES main office (address in the footnote). Nominations must be received no later than April 15.
Submissions should be clearly marked "Wayne S. Vucinich Book Prize Nomination." If you would like to receive an acknowledgment that your nomination was received please enclose with the copy mailed to the ASEEES main office a note with your e-mail address or a self-addressed stamped envelope or a postcard.
Questions should be directed to Mary Arnstein (ASEEES Communications Coordinator) at email@example.com
2019 Wayne S. Vucinich Book Prize Committee
The winner of the Wayne S. Vucinich Book Prize will be chosen by the following scholars:
Yoshiko Herrera, U of Wisconsin-Madison, Chair, 2019-2020
Department of Political Science
University of Wisconsin-Madison
North Hall, Room 110
1050 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Krisztina Fehérváry, U of Michigan, 2019-2020
c/o The Department of Anthropology
University of Michigan
1085 S. University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1107
Barbara Henry, U of Washington, 2018-2019
2334 NE 92nd Street
Seattle, WA 98115
Ted Weeks, Southern Illinois U, 2019-2020
Department of History
Faner Hall 3374, Mail Code 4519
Carbondale, IL 62901
firstname.lastname@example.org for submission of ebooks