USC Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies
The University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies, established in 2009 and sponsored by the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Southern California, is awarded annually for an outstanding monograph published on Russia, Eastern Europe or Eurasia in the fields of literary and cultural studies in the previous calendar year. The University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies carries a cash award and is presented at the ASEEES Annual Convention.
2020 USC Book Prize Winner
Rules of Eligibility
Rules of eligibility for the University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies competition are as follows::
- The copyright date inside the book must list the previous calendar year as the date of publication (for example, the book must have been published in 2020 to be eligible for the 2021 competition).
- The book must be a monograph, preferably by a single author, or by no more than two authors.
- Works may deal with any area of Eastern Europe, Russia, or Eurasia.
- The competition is open to works of scholarship in literary and cultural studies, including studies in the visual arts, cinema, music, and dance.
- Authors may be of any nationality as long as the work is published in the United States and originally published in English.
- Textbooks, collections, translations (including authorial translations), bibliographies, and reference works are ineligible.
- Self-published works are also ineligible.
Fill out and submit this form to notify the Association of your intent to nominate a publication for ASEEES USC prize. As of 2020, books may only be nominated for two prizes (eg this prize and one other.)
Send one copy of eligible monograph to each Committee member (see addresses below). The nomination form must be submitted by no later than April 15. And books must be received by no later than May 15. (Books not received by the deadline may not be considered.)
Submissions should be clearly marked “University of Southern California Book Prize Nomination.”
Questions should be directed to Mary Arnstein (ASEEES Communications Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies Committee
The winner of the USC Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies will be chosen by the following scholars:
Diane Nemec Ignashev, Carleton College, 2019-2021, Chair
*(email address): *send electronic copy if possible
D. Nemec Ignashev
40 Fareway Drive
Northfield, MN 55057
Jon Stone, Franklin and Marshall College, 2020-2022
E-books will be accepted at email@example.com
200 Setters Bend
Lancaster, PA 17601
Louise McReynolds, UNC at Chapel Hill, 2021-2023
(mailing address): TBA
(for customs use):
412 648 9809