To celebrate its 70th anniversary and 50th annual Convention, ASEEES is undertaking a $700,000 campaign that will double the funding available to support the future of the field. Individual members, groups of members, and/or an organization may combine support to establish an endowed or named fund in honor of an individual and/or to support a particular area of study or region. Additional gift opportunities within one of the priority areas, such as support for a post-doc fellowship, may be discussed.
You may make a one-time gift or recurring payment via credit card by following the links below. To pledge your support today and pay over a period of up to three years (with your first payment due by June 30, 2019), click here.
A PDF containing the below gift opportunity information is available here.
View the Future of the Field Case Statement to see the impact that your gift can make.
RESEARCH & SCHOLARSHIP
Dissertation Research Grants – $180,000 to offer up to 20 grants per year.
• ASEEES Dissertation Research Fund – Gifts of any amount may be designated to this general endowment.
• *[Named] Dissertation Research Endowment – $150,000 by a person, group of individual and/or entity.
• *[Named] Non-Endowed Dissertation Research Fund – $6,000 per year for 3 years.
NEW – Dissertation Completion Grants – $120,000 in new funding to support up to 2 awards annually ($20,000 per award).
• ASEEES Dissertation Completion Fund (goal of $60,000) – Gifts of any amount may be designated to this fund.
• *[Named] Non-Endowed Dissertation Completion Fund (goal of 3) – $20,000 each (can be paid over 3 years).
EXPERIENCE & ENGAGEMENT
Convention Travel Awards – The campaign aims for a minimum of $200,000 in new funding to double the number of awards.
• Student Travel Grant – $30,000 – Donations of any amount to the Graduate Student Travel Fund to support graduate students’ attendance at the annual Convention (up to $500 per award).
• Regional Travel Grant – $26,000 – Donations of any amount to support scholars traveling from Eastern Europe and Eurasia to attend the annual Convention (up to $1,000 per award).
• *[Named] Non-Endowed Regional Travel Grant – $24,000 (goal of 8 at $1,000 per year for 3 years).
• Convention Opportunity Travel Grant – $20,000 – Donations of any amount to support non-tenure track instructors to attend the annual Convention (up to $500 per award).
• NEW – Diversity and Inclusion Travel Grant – $10,000 – Donations of any amount to increase diverse representation in the field at the annual Convention (up to $500 per award).
• NEW – Summer Regional Convention Travel Grants – $50,000 – Donations of any amount to support travel by scholars from Eastern Europe and Eurasia to attend a biennial Convention hosted in the region.
NEW – Find Your Future Fund – The campaign aims for a minimum of $30,000 in new funding to support graduate students exploring non-academic professional opportunities related to the region.
• ASEEES Internship Fund – $15,000 – Donations of any amount to support a paid internship (up to $5,000 per student).
• *[Named] Internship Endowment – $125,000 to provide 1 $5,000 grant per year in perpetuity.
• *[Named] Non-Endowed Internship Fund – $15,000 each (can be paid over 3 years).
OPPORTUNITY & RECOGNITION
First Book Subvention – The campaign aims for a minimum of $30,000 in new funding for a First-Book Subvention endowment and annual awards to double the number currently awarded each year.
• *[Named] First-Book Subvention Endowment – $62,500 to provide 1 $2,500 First-Book Subvention annually in perpetuity.
• *[Named] Non-Endowed First Book Subvention Fund – $7,500 each (can be paid over 3 years).
Prizes / Awards – The campaign aims for a minimum of $100,000 to sustain funding for new and existing prizes and awards that provide opportunity and give recognition for achievement. Examples include:
*[Named] Graduate Student Essay Prize – $25,000 to provide 1 $1,000 award per year in perpetuity.
ASEEES Fund – $50,000 – Unrestricted support for the area of greatest need to advance the future of the field.
*ASEEES Legacy Fund – Documentation of planned gift intentions for ASEEES. All estate planning options will be considered and provide recognition within the Campaign subject to gift crediting guidelines.
*For named gift opportunities, endowments, and ASEEES Legacy Fund giving, please contact Lynda Park to discuss arrangements.
For more information or to discuss how you can help to support the future of the field, contact us at email@example.com or (412) 648-9788. You can also visit the Campaign website: www.aseees.org/future
Note—The acceptance of all gifts is subject to ASEEES’ Gift Acceptance policies.