Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant
Kathryn W. Davis's generous donation to our organization, combined with donations from ASEEES members, enables us to help subsidize travel costs for graduate students presenting papers at the ASEEES Annual Convention. Applications will be judged on intellectual merit of the paper topic with a broader view to disciplinary and regional balances. We are especially committed to subsidizing those graduate students who are attending the convention for the first time or who have no local institutional resources for travel support. Students may only receive ONE Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant over the course of their graduate studies. We anticipate that we will be able to fund, on a competitive basis, 18 or more awards of up to $500 each.
Russian graduate students enrolled in a doctoral program at a Russian institution are encouraged to apply for the Russian Scholar Travel Grant program instead.
Up to $500 USD
All applicants must be:
- A student working at either the master's or doctoral level in any field of Slavic, East European, or Eurasian Studies;
- Presenting a paper on a regular panel at the ASEEES Annual Convention (chairs, discussants, and roundtable members are not eligible to apply);
- A student member of ASEEES at the time of application;
- Not a previous recipient of an ASEEES Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant.
April 29 (All applicants will be notified of their status by May 30)
- Complete the online grant application form, which includes the paper title, abstract, tentative budget, statement of need, curriculum vitae, and the e-mail address of the advisor or department chair who will submit the letter of reference;
- Since our funding is limited and we wish to fund as many deserving applicants as possible, we urge applicants to be practical in estimating their travel and lodging budget. (Please consider sharing a room with another graduate student at the convention hotel if feasible.)
- Make sure that advisor or department chair submits a letter of reference, which includes confirmation that departmental and/or institutional conference travel funds are insufficient. The referee will get an e-mail notification on how to submit the letter via the application site. The reference letter is due by May 6.
Awards will be disbursed upon presentation of receipts in the weeks following the convention.
Please consider contributing to the Graduate Student Travel Grant Fund. Help us increase the number of grants that we can provide.