Call for Proposals
The 52nd Annual ASEEES Convention will be held at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park from Thursday, November 5, to Sunday, November 8, 2020.
The Convention theme is "Anxiety and Rebellion".
2020 Convention Proposal Deadlines
All proposals are closed at this time.
Types of Submissions
- Book Discussion Roundtable
- Individual Paper
- Lightning Round Presentation
- Film Screening
- Affiliate Group Meeting Request
Proposal Submission Process
IMPORTANT: Before you start your submission process:
- Read the general rules for convention participation.
- If you are an individual paper submitter, lightning round presentation submitter, or a session (panel or roundtable) organizer, renew your ASEEES membership first - you must be a member to submit. You must enter your CV information (NOTE: If you are a panel/roundtable participant but NOT the organizer, you do not need to become a member until the time of the acceptance notification in the spring. See the membership rules.)
- A panel proposal should include a minimum of 3 to maximum of 4 paper presentations.
- The session/paper title word limit is 20; session/paper abstract word limit is 250. Panel/roundtable submissions must include a short abstract. Indidivual paper and panel papers also require short abstracts.
- Be sure to gather all required information first. You cannot save an incomplete proposal online.
- Ask all session participants to create a profile and update their "My Information" section in the ASEEES Member Site. Additional session participants must have a profile on the ASEEES Member site (they do not need to pay ASEEES membership dues at this point). Instructions on how to create a profile.
- Ask all session participants to enter their CV information in the "CV Information" box under the "View/Edit Information" tab NOW. This information will be used in the online submission process. It is essential that they enter the CV information at least 4 hours before you submit the proposal. The data is scheduled to sync every 2 hours. This is essential. Do not wait until just before the submission deadline.
- Ask all session participants for their exact last name as they appear in the ASEEES Member directory so that you can search for them in the online submission process.
- If submitting a panel proposal, gather a short abstract for each panel paper.
- Please review the Session Categories before you submit your proposal. Note that the session categories are used are strictly for scheduling purposes only and have no bearing on the proposal's acceptance.
- For a Book Discussion Roundtable, use the Roundtable submission process. In the session, title, enter "Book Discussion:" followed by the title of the book and the author.
- Step-by-step instructions for submitting a proposal are available (PDF).
Read the Frequently Asked Questions about proposal submissions.
Submisson by E-mail
While online submission of proposals is strongly encouraged, we do accept proposals in Word as E-mail attachments. Please complete the appropriate forms below and send as e-mail attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Panel Submission Form (MS Word)
- Roundtable/Book Discussion Roundtable Submission Form (MS Word)
- Individual Paper Submission Form (MS Word)
- Lightning Round Presentation Submission Form (MS Word)
- Affiliate Group Meeting Request Form (MS Word)
Film screening proposals must be submitted online only.
Ancillary Event Meeting Room Requests
To reserve a meeting room for your organization during the 2020 ASEEES Convention in Washington, DC, please complete this form. These meetings can include receptions and general events. Affiliate Group Meeting requests should still be completed online through the proposal submission site above. Requests are due by August 3.
The acceptance notification for both individual paper submissions and panel/roundtable submissions will go out in late April. The notification will not include the program schedule at that time. Upon notification of acceptance, participants are expected to become members of ASEEES. Please see the rules on the membership requirement.
If you have any questions, contact the Convention Manager at email@example.com