Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals for the 54th ASEEES Annual Convention
October 13-14, 2022 for the Virtual Convention
November 10-13, 2022 in Chicago, IL, Palmer House Hilton
2022 Convention theme: "Precarity"
We are now accepting proposal submissions for the 2022 ASEEES Convention with the deadline of March 1. We plan to host an in-person convention in Chicago in November following a smaller virtual convention in October. In the proposal submission process, you will be presented with an option to apply to either the in-person or the virtual convention. The number of sessions for the virtual convention will be limited. We acknowledge that circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic continue to evolve and sympathize with possible health, travel, and financial restrictions of our members. However, we are unable to accommodate the option to move from an in-person to virtual or virtual to in-person format in 2022 due to the severe scheduling challenges we faced during the 2021 Convention. We thank you for understanding this constraint when submitting proposals. ASEEES will be carefully monitoring the conditions and best practices and will make adjustments as necessary to ensure the health and well-being of our attendees.
All session participants must agree to participate in person or virtually. Hybrid sessions during the in-person convention will not be permitted. Technical requirements for hybrid sessions at the in-person convention venue are prohibitively expensive.
If you postponed a panel or roundtable that was accepted for ASEEES 2021, you must resubmit your proposal for the 2022 Convention. To help reviewers evaluate submissions, mark the box on the submission form indicating you are re-submitting a 2021 accepted proposal.
2022 Convention Proposal Deadlines
March 1: All 2022 Convention panel/roundtable/lightning round/individual paper proposals
April 1: Film submissions and Requests for rooms for Affiliate Group meetings
Types of Submissions
- Book Discussion Roundtable
- Lightning Round
- Individual Paper
- Individual Lightning Round Presentation Proposal
- Film Screening
- Affiliate Group Meeting Request
Proposal Submission Process
IMPORTANT: Before you start your submission process:
- Read the general rules for convention participation.
- If you are a submitter or session organizer, renew your ASEEES membership first. You must be a member in order to submit. You must enter your CV information (NOTE: If you are a panel/roundtable participant but NOT the organizer, you do not need to become a member until the time of the acceptance notification in the spring. See the membership rules.)
- You must decide if the proposal is for the virtual or the in-person convention and answer this question in the submission process.
- A panel proposal should include a minimum of 3 to maximum of 4 paper presentations.
- The session/paper title word limit is 20; session/paper abstract word limit is 250. Panel/roundtable submissions must include a short abstract. Indidivual paper and panel papers also require short abstracts.
- Be sure to gather all required information first. You cannot save an incomplete proposal online.
- Ask all session participants to create a profile and update their "My Information" section in the ASEEES Member Site. Additional session participants must have a profile on the ASEEES Member site (they do not need to pay ASEEES membership dues at this point). Instructions on how to create a profile.
- Ask all session participants to enter their CV information in the "CV Information" box under the "View/Edit Information" tab NOW. This information will be used in the online submission process. It is essential that they enter the CV information at least 4 hours before you submit the proposal. The data is scheduled to sync every 2 hours. This is essential. Do not wait until just before the submission deadline.
- Ask all session participants for their exact last name as they appear in the ASEEES Member directory so that you can search for them in the online submission process.
- If submitting a panel proposal, gather a short abstract for each panel paper.
- Please review the Session Categories before you submit your proposal. Note that the session categories are used are strictly for scheduling purposes only and have no bearing on the proposal's acceptance.
- For a Book Discussion Roundtable, use the Roundtable submission process. In the session, title, enter "Book Discussion:" followed by the title of the book and the author.
- Step-by-step instructions for submitting a proposal are available (PDF).
Read the Frequently Asked Questions about proposal submissions.
Submisson by E-mail
While online submission of proposals is strongly encouraged, we do accept proposals in Word as E-mail attachments. Please complete the appropriate forms below and send as e-mail attachments to email@example.com:
- Panel Submission Form (MS Word)
- Roundtable/Book Discussion Roundtable Submission Form (MS Word)
- Lightning Round Submission Form (MS Word)
- Individual Paper Submission Form (MS Word)
- Individual Lightning Round Presentation Submission Form (MS Word)
- Affiliate Group Meeting Request Form (MS Word)
Film screening proposals must be submitted online only.
Ancillary Event Room Requests
To reserve a room for your organization's ancillary events during the 2022 ASEEES Convention in Chicago, IL, please complete this form. These meetings can include receptions, literary events, and general events. Affiliate Group Meeting requests should still be completed online through the proposal submission site above. Requests for ancillary events are due by August 17.
The acceptance notification for both individual paper submissions and panel/roundtable submissions will go out in late April. The notification will not include the program schedule at that time. Upon notification of acceptance, participants are expected to become members of ASEEES. Please see the rules on the membership requirement.
If you have any questions, contact the Convention Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org