Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession
The Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession helps raise awareness of the professional, equity, and diversity issues that confront women scholars, students, and professionals in the Russian, East European, and Eurasian fields. The Committee does this through evidence-based reporting and analysis based on data collected in surveys. The Committee sponsors a panel at the annual ASEEES convention to address issues identified in reports, as a response.
- Noor Borbieva, Indiana U Purdue U Fort Wayne, 2017-2019, Committee Chair
- Elizabeth Hemenway, Loyola U Chicago, 2017-2018 (ex-officio as president of AWSS)
- Alisha Kirchoff, Indiana U, 2017-2019
- Natalie McCauley, U of Michigan, 2016-2018 (graduate student rep)
- Elizabeth Skomp, Sewanee: The U of the South, 2018-2020