Committee on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR)
The Committee on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR), consisting of scholars and librarians in the fields of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian studies, works throughout the year on a wide range of topics and ventures that include--but are not limited to--copyright, digital projects, microfilming projects, vendor issues, collection development, and the American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (ABSEES).
The tasks are carried out by CLIR subcommittees (Subcommittee on Copyright Issues, Subcommittee on Digital Projects, SEEMP Subcommittee, Subcommittee on Collection Development, and Subcommittee on ABSEES). They meet at the ASEEES convention to discuss the progress and outcome of the year's efforts.
Appointments to the Committee and Subcommittees are made by the CLIR and approved by the ASEEES Board of Directors.
For a list of all CLIR subcommittees and information on their activities, please see the ASEEES Committee on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR) web site.
- Joseph Lenkart, U Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2020-2022, Chair
- Janice Pilch, Rutgers U, Chair of Subcommittee on Copyright Issues, 2020-2022
- Ana Arays, Yale U, Chair, Subcommittee on Education and Access, 2020-2022
- Alla Roylance, New York U, Chair, Subcommittee on Slavic & East European Materials Project (SEEMP), 2020-2022
- Roman Ivashkiv, U Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Faculty Liasion, 2020-2022
- Natasha Lyandres, U of Notre Dame, Member-at-large, 2020-2022
- Matthew Young, Library of Congress, Subcommittee on Collection Development, 2020-2022