Committee on Academic Freedom and Advocacy
The the Committee on Academic Freedom and Advocacy was established in May 2017 to address requests for advocacy that ASEEES receives. The ASEEES advocacy policy can be found here.
The first Advocacy Committee was created in 2013 to provide more strategic advocacy for the field of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian studies as well as international education more generally. The charge and the committee name were revised in May 2017 by the Executive Committee to address a greater influx of advocacy requests.
- Jan Kubik, Rutgers: The State U of New Jersey/U College London (UK), 2022-2024, Co-Chair
- Elizabeth Wood, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2022-2024, Co-Chair
- Zsuzsa Gille, U of Illinois at Urabana-Champaign, 2020-2022
- Edin Hajdarpasic, Loyola U at Chicago, 2020-2022
- Colleen Lucey, U of Arizona, 2021-2023
- Jeff Sahadeo, Carleton U (Canada), 2021-2023
- Barbara Henry, U of Washington, 2022-2024
- Dmitry Dubrovsky, Centre for Independent Social Research (Russia), 2019-2022
ASEEES Staff Liaison: Lynda Park, Executive Director