A wide-ranging committee structure enables ASEEES members to work together on matters of professional interest. Upcoming vacancies on ASEEES standing and prize committees are filled by the ASEEES President (except CLIR) in consultation with the committee chairs and approved by the ASEEES Board of Directors. Members can indicate their willingness to volunteer on their member Information page (login required).
- Nominating Committee selects nominees for vacancies on the ASEEES Board of Directors.
- Committee on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR) works throughout the year on a wide range of topics and ventures that include—but are not limited to—copyright, digital projects, microfilming projects, vendor issues, collection development, and the American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (ABSEES).
- Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession
- Communications Advisory Committee solicits and edits contributions for the column Teaching Slavic Studies in the ASEEES NewsNet.
- Committee on Academic Freedom and Advocacy
- Committee on Mentoring
- Committee for the Advocacy of Diversity & Inclusion
- Committee for Careers Beyond Academia
To recognize outstanding scholarship, the Association awards a number of prizes, presented at the Awards Presentation during the Annual Convention. The winner of each is chosen by a committee of three to four scholars; for the members of each committee, please see the relevant page in our Prizes Page.