ASEEES provides formal affiliation for topic-based interest groups that are established by our members. Interest groups are less formal than affiliate organizations. Interest groups can sponsor panels or roundtables and hold meetings at the ASEEES Annual Convention. Only one session sponsorship and one meeting per convention are allowed.
- Allan K. Wildman Group for the Study of Society, Politics, and Culture in the Russian Revolutionary Era
- Childhood in Eastern Europe, Eurasia and Russia (ChEEER)
- "A scholarly non-profit organization dedicated to fostering closer communication among scholars interested in Russian, Eurasian, and Eastern European children's literature, history, and culture. Our mission is to facilitate the exchange of scholarly information and research through the organization of meetings and conferences, and to prepare scholarly works for publication."
- Digital Humanities in Slavic Field
- Foto Klub
- "an annual meeting of academics who study or are interested in developments in Russian, East European and Eurasian photography. Foto Klub is committed to providing a better understanding of the history of photography in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, and serves as a platform for academic discussions of visual culture, photography, photomontage and photographic media both historically and in the present day."
- Russian, Eastern European, and Eurasian Music Study Group
- "The Music Study Group seeks to bring together scholars from a wide variety of disciplines whose research centers on or includes musical topics. We welcome members whose interests relate to any geographic region of Russia, Eastern Europe, Eurasia, or diasporas from these regions, as well as any time period."
- Working Group for Solidarity
- "The Working Group for Solidarity was formed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing crises in higher education, and our field specifically."
- Working Group on Cinema & Television
- "A professional organization of film scholars and critics dedicated to the study of cinema and television of Russia, Eastern Europe and the newly independent states of the former Soviet Union."
- Working Group on Philosophy and Intellectual History
- This working group addresses broader issues of aesthetics, intellectual culture, literary theory, the philosophy of literature, and other sub-fields that deal with the life of the mind in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia.