North American Association for Belarusian Studies (NAABS)
The North American Association for Belarusian Studies (NAABS) is a non-profit scholarly organization which seeks to promote research, study, and teaching in all aspects of Belarusian studies, including the fields of history, language and linguistics, literature and the arts, cultural studies, sociology, anthropology and ethnography, political science, economics, and international relations.
To achieve these goals, and to foster the exchange of information among scholars engaged in various aspects of Belarusian studies, the Association will publish a biannual newsletter, sponsor or co-sponsor panels and roundtables at international, national and regional conferences in the U.S. and Canada, organize conferences and symposia, and support the publication of research by North American Belarusianists.
- President (2010-2014): David R. Marples, 2-69 Tory Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB T6G 2H4, Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President (2010-2014): Thomas E. Bird, Department of European Languages and Literatures, Queens College City University of New York, 65-30 Kissena Boulevard, King Hall, Room 207, Flushing, N.Y. 11367-1597,email@example.com
- Secretary/Treasurer (2010-2014): Curt Woolhiser, Harvard, FAS Slavic Languages & Lit, Barker Center Room 341, 12 Quincy St, Cambridge MA 02138,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Editor (2010-2014): Justin Rawley, Winston-Salem NC,email@example.com
- Webmaster (2010-2014): Peter Kasaty, San Diego, California,firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Council Members:
- Dr. Maria Paula Survilla, Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677, email@example.com
- Zina Gimpelevich
- Alicja Boruta-Sadkowski, University of Northern Iowa
- Andriy Danylenko, Pace University, NY
- Per Rudling, University of Alberta
- Vitaut Kipel, Belarusian Institute of Arts and Sciences, NY (honorary member)
- Jan Zaprudnik, Belarusian Institute of Arts and Sciences, NY (honorary member)
Publications: Naviny (biannual)
Regular Meetings: at the ASEEES Annual Convention
Membership Dues: $50.00/year for educators, $15.00/year for students. Dues for academic and non-academic members from Belarus and the FSU are $5.00/year. Dues for institutional members are $50.00/year. In addition, two types of non-academic membership in NAABS are available: supporting, $30.00/year, and patron, $100.00/year.
Web Site: http://www.belarusianstudies.org
Contact: David R. Marples, President, regarding membership