Russian Scholar Travel Grant
Thanks to a grant from the Carnegie Corporation of New York, ASEEES is able to offer up to 20 travel grants of $1000 each to subsidize the travel of faculty, research specialists, independent scholars, and advanced graduate students who are Russian citizens and permanent residents of Russia to present their panel papers or speak on a roundtable at the 2018 ASEEES Annual Convention in Boston. Applications will be judged on intellectual merit of the presentation topic with a view to disciplinary balance. Where possible, priority will be given to candidates who are first-time ASEEES convention presenters or junior faculty and advanced graduate students whose institutions offer limited funding. Panel paper presenters will be given priority over roundtable speakers.
Up to $1,000 USD plus convention registration and 2018 ASEEES membership
- Must be a citizen of Russia
- Must be a permanent resident of and currently residing in Russia
- Can be an advanced graduate student who is enrolled in a doctoral program at a Russian institute of higher education
- Must have been accepted to present a paper on a panel or speak on a roundtable at the 2018 ASEEES Annual Convention. Panel paper presenters will be given priority over roundtable speakers (chairs and discussants will not be considered)
- Must be willing to become a member of ASEEES (membership included in the grant)
May 31 (All applicants will be notified of their status by June 30)
- Complete the online grant application form, which includes the paper title or roundtable title, presentation abstract, tentative travel budget, statement of need, and curriculum vitae as an attachment;
- Since our funding is limited and we wish to fund as many deserving applicants as possible, we urge applicants to be practical in estimating their travel and lodging budget;
- For Graduate Student Applicants: Make sure that advisor or department chair submits a letter of reference, which includes confirmation that departmental and/or institutional conference travel funds are insufficient. The referee will get an e-mail notification on how to submit the letter via the application site. The reference letter is due June 5.
Awards will be disbursed upon presentation of receipts in the weeks following the convention.