The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES) is the leading international scholarly society dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about Central Asia, the Caucasus, Russia, and Eastern Europe in regional and global contexts.
As a private, non-political international professional organization, we support our members, who are scholars and students in diverse disciplines and specialists in various professions, to share their knowledge and expertise and to foster greater understanding of the region and its impact in the world.
We promote intellectual vitality in all aspects of Slavic, East European and Eurasian studies by:
- Being a major center of information and resources;
- Holding annual conventions that feature scholarly presentations, exchange of ideas, and opportunities for social interaction and the professional development of its members;
- Publishing the prestigious peer-reviewed journal Slavic Review that disseminates research;
- Presenting annual awards and prizes to recognize outstanding scholarship and significant contributions to ASEEES and the field;
- Disseminating work and news of our members through its newsletter and online platforms;
- Offering financial support to membersfor the purpose of conducting and sharing their research;
- Engaging the membership in year-round programming and networking opportunities;
- Supporting teaching by disseminating best practices and curricular materials;
- Providing training/professional development and mentoring programs for graduate students and younger scholars;
- Developing programs, policies and resources to enhance interdisciplinary understanding;
- Fostering greater awareness of the region by engaging the general public and the media;
- Partnering with other organizations to advocate for sustained support of international studies and foreign language education.