Committee on Academic Freedom and Advocacy
The the Committee on Academic Freedom and Advocacy was established in May 2017 to address requests for advocacy that ASEEES receives. The ASEEES advocacy policy can be found here.
The first Advocacy Committee was created in 2013 to provide more strategic adovcacy for the field of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian studies as well as international education more generally. The charge and the committee name were revised in May 2017 by the Executive Committee to address a greater influx of advocacy requests.
- Julie Cassiday, Williams College, 2017-2020, Committee Chair
- Steve Fish, University of California, Berkeley, 2017-2019
- Anne Gorsuch, University of British Columbia, 2017-2019
- Bruce Grant, New York University, 2017-2020
- Emily Johnson, University of Oklahoma, 2017-2019
- Brian Porter-Szucs, University of Michigan, 2017-2020
- Mark von Hagen, Arizona State University, 2017-2019
- Amanda Wooden, Bucknell University, 2017-2020