2017 Board Elections
The elections for the ASEEES Board of Directors are held annually in the summer. This year, there are four seats up for election: the President-Elect/Vice President and the two Members-at-Large serving three-year terms from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2020. The graduate student representative serves a two-year term from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019.
2018 Vice President/President-Elect / 2019 President / 2020 Immediate Past President
The Vice President is elected annually by ASEEES members and is designated President-Elect. After serving one year as Vice President, she becomes President the following year. After one year in the presidency, the President is designated Immediate Past President and serves an additional year as a member of the Board of Directors. (vote for one)
- Mark Steinberg, Professor of History, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Elizabeth Wood, Professor of History, MIT
2018-2020 Members at Large
Two members-at-large are elected each year by ASEEES members, to hold office for three (3) years. (vote for not more than two)
- Janet Johnson, Associate Professor of Political Science, CUNY Brooklyn
- Jeffrey Kopstein, Professor of Political Science, UC Irvine
- James Krapfl, Associate Professor of History, McGill University (Canada)
- Conor O'Dwyer, Associate Professor of Political Science, U of Florida
2018-2019 Graduate Student Representative
One Graduate Student Representative is elected every other year by ASEEES members, to hold the office for two (2) years.
- Tetyana Dzyadevych, PhD Candidate in Slavic Studies, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Yana Skorobogatov, PhD Candidate in History, UC Berkeley
Information about how to vote electronically will be distributed by email to current members in mid June. Paper ballots will be distributed to members without email addresses on file and those who have requested them. Please send paper ballot request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting will end on September 1, 2017.