Association for the Advancement of Central Asian Research (AACAR)
AACAR is a non-profit scholarly organization devoted to promoting scholarship and instruction on Central Asia. AACAR considers Central Asia to consist of the emerging states of Azerbaijan, Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan, as well as the surrounding regions and states which share a long historical linkage with these states: Afghanistan, Iran, Mongolia, southern Russia (particularly those areas having a large Muslim or Turkic population), Turkey, and Xinjiang.
- Membership Inquiries: John Dunn, Treasurer, History, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA, 31698
- Journal of Central Asian Studies Editor: Reuel Hanks, Editor, JCAS, 211 Scott Hall, OSU, Stillwater, OK 74078, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publications: Journal of Central Asian Studies (2 issues per year)
- Current Membership: 150
- Membership Dues: $25/year individual; $40/year institutional
- Contact: John Dunn, Treasurer