The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES), a nonprofit, non-political, scholarly society, is the leading private organization in the world dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about the former Soviet Union (including Eurasia) and Eastern and Central Europe.
March NewsNet now available
The most recent issue of NewsNet, March 2014, is now available online as a PDF.
The March issue includes:
- "Making Strides: Gender Equity in the Slavic Studies Profession" by the ASEEES Committee on the Status of Women: Paula A. Michaels (Monash U), Karen Petrone (U of Kentucky), Laura Schlosberg (Independent scholar), Heather Tidrick (U of Michigan), and Christine D. Worobec (Northern Illinois U);
- 2013 Contributors to ASEEES
- "Turning the Dissertation into a Book" by Benjamin Sawyer (Middle Tennessee State U);
- "Unearthed Soviet Holocaust Films Remind Us to Be Vigilant" by Jeremy Hicks (Queen Mary, U of London)
- Nomination and application information for 2014 ASEEES Book Prizes, Graduate Student Prizes, Distinguished Awards, and Travel Grants;
- Additional Prizes from Affiliate Organizations;
- ASEEES-Sponsored Conferences;
- Affiliate and Institutional Member News;
- Library and Internet News;
- In Memoriam: Anne C Odom, Stefan M Pugh, Alfred A Reisch, Gary Howard Toops;
- Calendar of Events.
Please note that this is a large file; you may find the most success saving it to your computer and opening the resulting file, rather than opening it directly in your browser.